Featured Post

Import-Export

The first task in our business was establishing contacts.  Because we had business associates throughout America and Africa, this was relatively easy.  In addition, all our investors were bringing to the company many years of experience and through that, had already established many contacts.  We...

Read More

Social Media Sweepstakes

With the karriere.at ski lift to the top race and a day of skiing for four persons Linz 6th 2010: In time to the early ski season the Austrian job portal presents karriere.at in cooperation with Fischer sports a sweepstakes: the karriere.at ski lift. To win, there is the brand new Fischer ski race RC4...

Read More

Garden City, Hellerau AG – Commitment From Tradition

Posted by Geneva | Posted in News | Posted on 15-03-2016

Tags: ,

0

Garden City, Hellerau AG commitment from tradition the Garden City company Hellerau GGH Ltd EST. in 1908, tradition has more than 100 years. Their history is inseparably connected with the great reform project in Hellerau, which had a pan-European presence and still owns them. The GGH manages a listed stock, in which historical importance combines with special qualities of life in the Garden City on the edge of Dresden. The core of the Garden City company Hellerau GGH Ltd EST. 1908 lie today in the conservation of selected real estate and the construction business.

Expertise, management, purchase and sale of real estate round off the portfolio. Hellerau is considered first and most consistently implemented German Garden City. He was a reaction to the excesses of industrialization and its social and urban consequences of the English social reformer Ebenezer Howard 1898 developed and propagated idea of garden city. In Germany the idea found supporters quickly already in 1902 founded activists in Berlin the German Garden City society. While Howard but was largely autonomous local authorities with its own economic life, often pure housing estates on the periphery were known as garden cities in Germany. In Hellerau were different.

The Carpenter Karl Schmidt, driving force behind the project, even the largest companies of the place, which was incorporated into Dresden until 1950 co-founded the German workshops for arts and crafts. Schmidt brought 140 hectares of land, which he had acquired from the farmers of the surrounding villages, in the Garden City company, founded in the summer of 1908. In addition to the management of real estate, the company took over the construction of rental villas in the Villa quarter of Heller off while an a few weeks later founded cooperative built houses with small apartments. For the community, which should take up 15,000 inhabitants, the Munich architect designed the master plan Richard Riemerschmid, friend and later brother-in-law of Karl Schmidt’s 1906.

Comments are closed.